The American Institute of Physics
The American Institute of Physics advances, promotes and serves the physical sciences for the benefit of humanity.
As a federation of physical science societies, AIP offers programs, products and services that:
- Advance and distribute the knowledge of the physical sciences and its applications;
- Enhance and cultivate the physical sciences disciplines;
- Enable and foster collaborative efforts among stakeholders in the physical sciences;
- and Promote the physical sciences to the public, leaders, government officials, agencies, and the media.
AIP Member Societies cover a broad range of fields in the physical sciences and collectively represent more than 120,000 scientists, engineers, educators and students in the global physical sciences community.
AIP offers authoritative information, services, and expertise in physics education and student programs, science communication, government relations, career services for science and engineering professionals, statistical research in physics employment and education, industrial outreach, and the history of physics and allied fields. AIP also publishes the flagship magazine Physics Today and is home to the Society of Physics Students and the Niels Bohr Library and Archives. AIP owns AIP Publishing LLC, a not-for-profit scholarly publisher in the physical and related sciences.
About AIP Publishing
AIP Publishing lives by a promise to
researchers: to ensure that all findings with
the potential to advance the physical sciences
are presented, promoted, and permanently
available as the building blocks of future
We exist to connect our authors and readers to a living legacy of published science, to peers and institutions across the globe, and to services, tools, and platforms that expand the impact and reach of their work. Even as the scholarly publishing universe continues to change, our commitment to the scientific community will always remain constant.
See the full AIP Publishing Portfolio.
AIP Conference Proceedings
AIP Conference Proceedings has been a trusted
publishing partner for more than 40 years,
delivering fast, affordable, and versatile
publishing for maximum exposure of your
meeting's key research. Growing by 100 volumes
each year, our conference proceedings program
reports the findings presented at scientific
meetings from large international conferences to
small specialist workshops. Subject areas span
the physical sciences, including physics, math,
chemistry, materials science, and engineering.
Why publish with us:
- Indexed in leading databases - Web of Science, Scopus, and Inspec
- Fast publication times - 4-6 weeks after final submission
- Author-friendly license agreement - you retain copyright of your own work
- Global reach - nearly 4,000 institutions in 190+ countries
- Customized publishing options including print-on-demand - best value and flexibility